Custom Leather Belt Sizing Guide
Our custom Leather Belts are available in a variety of widths, colors and styles. We size all of our custom leather belts to the specifications you provide to us. It is extremely important that you measure correctly to insure the proper fit for your new belt.
All of our belts come with a buckle. You can select your own buckle type and color from the options of each belt type and size. You will indicate your buckle type during your checkout process.
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of measuring your new belt correctly. Sizing your belt is critical and is your responsibility. Remember each belt is handcrafted from the information you give us. If you have any questions concerning sizing, please give us a call. It is your responsibility to give us the correct size based on your measurements and our guidelines.
We do not need your pant size or your waist size. What we need to know is your custom size that you measured using one of these options.
How to Measure a Current Belt
- Lay the belt on a clean, flat surface.
- Start the tape measure at the hole you currently use and measure to the end of the belt, where it meets the buckle (not the end of the buckle).
- Belts are measured in inches and you should round up to the nearest inch.
- If you measure 36 inches, you will want to purchase a size 36 belt. If you are measuring an old belt that has already contoured (has that curve in the back) to your body – we recommend you use the “cloth tape measure” method below to obtain the correct measurement.
- If your current belt is curved, you will not get an accurate measurement for your new belt.
- To measure your body for optimal belt size, start by threading a cloth tape measure through the belt loops of your trousers/jeans/slacks. It’s important to stand in a relaxed, natural position–do not push out your belly or suck it in when taking the measurement.
- The measuring tape should be snug. Measure in inches and round to the nearest inch. This will be your belt size you will provide to us.
- If you don’t have a flexible measuring tape, use a piece of twine or string, mark the spot using the measuring method for a cloth tape.
- Lay the string/twine on a flat surface and lay your measuring tape alongside the string/twine. This will give you the proper belt size.
An easy way to determine belt size is to simply “add 2″ to your off-the-rack trouser size.
- For example, if you wear a 36” waist trouser, then a 38-belt size will be a safe bet. Most will find this simple formula works best for pants worn at a traditional height–close to the natural waistline.
Pant Size to Belt Size
- If your pants size = 32, choose belt size = 34
- If your pants size = 34, choose belt size = 36
- If your pants size = 36, choose belt size = 38
- If your pants size = 38, choose belt size = 40
Note: Belt Sizes shown in US standard size.
Over time, leather belts tend to stretch. Braided belts even more so. It’s good to keep in mind that a belt that fits snug initially will likely wear more comfortably down the road.
For belt orders between 26”-33” we will be calling you to confirm your measurements to ensure a good and proper fit. Minimum size belt order - 26”
Maximum size belt order - 70”
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR BELT SIZING INSTRUCTIONS AND INDICATE YOUR SIZE IN THE ORDER NOTE SECTION OF THE CHECKOUT CART.